Efforts in increasing export capabilities
- Developing human resource development
- Transforming local entrepreneur to exporter
- Building Indonesia product image
Performance of PPEI (1996 – 2000)
- Increasing amount of participans
- Focus on :
- Rubber product, wood, food and textile
- Process / export procedure
- Consultation on product and export market
- Growth of excport value
- Building of export awareness
What is PPEI Doing
- Strategic Planning
- Operational Planning
- Determining Indicator of Successful Keys
- Development of Activity Process
Development of Activity Process
- Supporting penetration to growth market and the one which has FTA with Indonesia (India,China and Middle East)
- 10 main products, 10 potensial products, and 3 service (10+10+3)
- Development types and method of training
- Development of new exporters
- Promotion of PPEI service
- Increase cooperation both with domestic partners (RETPC, regional offices, association) and overseas partners (JICA, CBI, ITC, COI member IT IS, KISMEC, PTTC, ITTI, AOTS, PREX, AICAD, JETRO, JICE)
- Increase cooperation level from a guided cooperation to a partner
Key Performance Indicator of PPEI Success
- Ability of SMEs ME in doing export
- Total SMEs succeed in export
- Total companies performing export
- Increasing of export value of SME’s
- Insreasing the number of society who trust that export give benefit for economic growth
- Society awareness of the importance of government facilities
- Total mass media which promote PPEI services
- Total number of SMEs receiving information, consultation, and counseling
EXTRA SERVICES STRATEGY FOR EXPORT UPGRADING
a. information/ education/ export training
- International Trade:
Export Procedure, Export andIimport Management with Simulation, International
TRADE SYSTEM License, Banking etc
- Product Development:
Brand Strategy, Packaging, Design and Product Quality of Rubber, Furniture, Garment,and Food Product, HACCP, HAKI, etc.
- Export Cost Calculation
Payment with L/C and non L/C, Export Costing and Pricing, UCP 600.
- Select Distributor
How to select export market, importers and buyers through inquiry, role of a trading house for SME’s.
- Export Promotion/ Export Communication
International trade exhibition, Design Stand with Auto CAD, Stand Guide, IT, Business Language, Business Matching – Teleconference, E – Commerce, Presentation Technique, Negotiation and sales Contract, Buyer Visit, Cooperation with International Trade Institution.
- Export Marketing Strategy
Export Marketing Strategy, How to Penetrate Foreign Market, Export Marketing for Handicraft Product, Export Business Development, and Market Analyst.
- Quality and Competition Management.
Quality Management, TQM, 5S, Entrepreneurship, Audit Internal ISO 9001 : 2000, Innovation Management.
b. Consultation / production guides / and marketing with export simulation
- Quality testing in rubber product, wood / furniture, textile and garment, food using laboratory equipment
- Capability assessment about export activity
- Export guidance regarding export development, pricing financing and payment, transportation, distribution aboard, export planning, marketing strategy, website development
- Export planning, product development, export pricing, buyer selection, negotiation, export communication and dispute settlement
c. Counseling of SME alumni in product development and export promotion
- Product development with implementation of SMM ISO 9001 : 2000, branding, packaging, Intellectual Property, designs.
- Export Market development through exhibition in domestic / abroad, trade promotion, trade mission, and in-store promotion.
- Cooperate with experts from abroad: designers, importers, consultants, competitions, selections.
- Sample delivery, attendance in exhibition abroad, trade mission, in-store promotion and permanent exhibitions.
- Cooperate with export support organization internationally.
d. Selection of export market / market research
- Information about economic condition and trade potential market by using market research.
- Product guidance for market destination.
- Promotion tools guidance.
- Using virtual exhibition (E-marketing), brochure, multimedia, sample delivery.
- Benefit of market research.
e. Developing market penetration strategy
- Contact target market, potential and prospective buyers.
- Identify export penetration strategy.
- Market test by Indonesia representative : Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia – Commercial attaché, Indonesia Trade and Promotion Center (IPTC) office.
- Participating in international trade and exhibition.
f. Buyer Identification and selection
- Getting the list of importer accurately.
- Introducing potential partner visited Indonesia.
- Introducing Importer, buying agent with buying mission.
- Finding buyer / trade partner in market abroad.
- Introducing export product to potential buyer.
- Matching Indonesia companies and buyers.
g. Trade promotion participation in domestic & abroad
- International trade.
- Trade mission.
- In-store promotion.
- Solo Exhibition.
h. Assistance in foreign market
- Assistance by trade attaché and head of ITPC regarding industrial sector, and culture in foreign market.
- Assisting in trade dispute settlement.
- Setting up agreement / appointment with buyer.
- Organizing business meeting / trade mission.
- Providing translators for trade exhibition in abroad.
- Participating in trade mission.
- Promotion product sample locally and abroad
i. Identification of new opportunity
- Introducing on-line data base to foreign buyer.
- Promotion export product in abroad.
- Participating social activities in abroad.
- Identifying opportunity and monitoring it in the future.
- Guiding main activities include procurement in abroad.